This is an age of media blitz and taking up a career in journalism is fancied by many
youngsters. Hence it is our endeavor to provide opportunity to people who want to pursue their stint in journalism either as part time or full time professionals. Journalism has branched into many main stream media which includes both print and T.V. journalism and social media which requires a discretionary reporting. Media ethics is what is being discussed at length in various fora. Our institution wants to reach out to a large sections of different groups to educate them on the merits of balanced reporting, effectiveness of various approaches and the pitfalls in this profession. Hence B.A. (Journalism & Mass Communication) offered by us through distance education will benefit quiet a lot of professionals. TARGET GROUPS:
- We have specific target groups including budding journalists and professional media personswho have no opportunity to pursue their education on a regular mode.
- Our programme on journalism and mass communication will give a platform for many ambitious people to hone up their reporting, analytical, creative and HR skills.
- The B.A. programme in Journalism & Mass Communication is a three year programme divided into six semesters.
- There is a project work in the last semester. Each semester hasfour courses with four credits each.
- The delivery system includes providing Self Learning Material (SLM) supplemented by Personal Contact Programmes (PCP).
- We are also contemplating online instruction through interactive sessions and online tutorial lectures and other learning resources.
- The details regarding evaluation is given under the heading “Evaluation”.
The minimum qualification for admission to Bachelor of Arts - Journalism And Mass Communication (B. A. - JMC) programme (Distance Education) shall be:
Pass in 12th STD / 10th STD + Dip (3 years)
Minimum Duration: 3 Years
Per Semester: Rs. 3,000/-
Whole Year: Rs.6,000/-
3 Years: Rs.18,000/-
M.A. (Pub. Adm.), NET(Pub. Adm,), M.A.(JMC),NET(JMC),M.A.(Chr.std),M.A. (English), Ph.D
Head i/c of the Department and Research Supervisor Journalism and Mass communication Directorate of Distance Education SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Kattankalathur - 603203
Mobile: +91 9380205028 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org