5.1.7 Dispatch of study material to learners by DDE (200 words)
The dispatch of study material (self-learning material) is a vital component of an effective delivery system in ODL. The learner is deprived of much exposure to synchronous learning and depends on SLM for initiating the learning. Hence dispatch of SLM determines the active participation of learner in the learning process. In SRMIST DDE, we ensure the following processes:
● SLM for each course is prepared as per the UGC guidelines well in advance of the commencement of academic process.
● Learners’ data are captured in the ERP and SLM requirement is gauged and the right quantity of SLM are kept ready for distribution.
● Immediately after the admissions in the case of the first semester and on registration for subsequent semesters, the e-content of SLM are also shared with the candidates.
● The printed copies are posted to them by speed post within two weeks and we ensure that the material reaches them intact by using quality packing material. The dispatch section maintains the inventory of study materials for distribution to the students.
● All undelivered packets are sent again after reconfirmation of the addresses of the candidates.
● The teachers also provide additional material wherever required through our portals.
● Effective feedback is elicited from the learners about the quality of this service.
Supporting documents :
1. Proof of SLM Dispatch & access provision to e-Content SLM